Freshly Picked Blackberry Scones ~ birdie to be2

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The bird and I just found the mother-load of blackberry bushes on the outskirts of a nearby golf course. Blackberries can be pretty spendy in the store. Plus these were fresh and local, so we definitely scored.

Once we got home, I immediately looked for some recipes to try out. I was looking for something fairly easy and healthy.
I came across this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Scones and made the fruit substitute.
They are so good! We've been having one for dessert every night!
The only changes I made were adding sea salt and brushing with butter right before baking. This made for a salty and crispy exterior.
I was worried the blackberries would make it too liquidy... so I added less than what the recipe called for blueberries, and it was perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things creative and design oriented. I am inspired by fashion, photography and typography. And especially have a soft spot for weddings, pink palettes and sparkle.
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © birdie to be2 | Powered by Blogger
Premade Blogger Template by Berry Vary