breakfast bliss ~ birdie to be2

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

After some super tasty treats this weekend, I thought I would post something on the healthier side. Contrary to the Jelly Belly outing, I do try to keep it pretty healthy. I just like to allow myself a little wiggle room for my oh-so-sweet tooth.

My usual breakfast consists of something cottage cheese. Not everyday, but I do love it and enjoy mixing it up with different ingredients to keep it tasty, but still nutritious.
I usually add a little yogurt to my cottage cheese. It adds some flavor and helps take the edge off the cottage cheese a bit.
This morning I also added a small banana, blueberries, and walnuts.
{Please excuse my iphone photos!}
Lastly, I added a teence of flaxseed meal. Flaxseed to anything adds a lot of nutrients and fiber.... which are both especially good for breakfast.

Cottage Yogurt Mix:
1 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
2 oz yogurt
1 small Banana
20 Blueberries
2 tbsp Walnut pieces
1/2 tbsp Flaxseed Meal (I use Bob's Red Mill)

The Goodness: 365 Calories, 5.3g Fiber, 24g Protein! Plus, a good serving of your Calcium and Vitamin C for the day (over 20% of each). A lot more than you can say for a bowl of Captain Crunch! Which happened to be my ultimate childhood fav!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I love all things creative and design oriented. I am inspired by fashion, photography and typography. And especially have a soft spot for weddings, pink palettes and sparkle.
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © birdie to be2 | Powered by Blogger
Premade Blogger Template by Berry Vary