Trip to Paris (Part II): Champagne + Versailles ~ birdie to be2

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Since we stayed for a week, my mom and I wandered outside Paris for a couple train adventures. The first was to the Champagne region, Reims and the second was to Versailles.

Champagne was absolutely gorgeous. I am from the wine country in California and my mom is in the wine business, so this day trip was very exciting for both of us.
If there is ever a next time, we both agreed we would travel to Epernay as well and make it an over-nighter.

The trip to Versailles was not as successful as we had hoped. But nonetheless, I wanted to blog about it and hopefully pass our experience onto others planning a trip.
We purchased tickets online and were encouraged to arrive early as the Palace of Versailles tends to get very busy. However, when we arrived, just after the doors opened, there was already a 2 hour line to get in! The picture above is the sea of people waiting to enter.

So we opted to forgo the tour and walk around the grounds instead.
The grounds were gorgeous, which made the trip worth it. But I know the interior is supposed to be amazing. Did anyone else have better luck at the Palace of Versailles?

Here is the Mother/Daughter Trip to Paris recap if you missed it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love all things creative and design oriented. I am inspired by fashion, photography and typography. And especially have a soft spot for weddings, pink palettes and sparkle.
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © birdie to be2 | Powered by Blogger
Premade Blogger Template by Berry Vary